YouTube TrueView Ad Specs
TrueView ads are in-stream ads served on YouTube videos. They can run on YouTube or on a collection of sites and apps in the Google Display Network.
Companion ads compliment a TrueView in-stream ad via a clickable thumbnail image. On a YouTube page, it appears next to the video in the top right corner. Companion banner ads are optional, but provide continued brand presence after the video ad ends. The viewer can click on it anytime.
TrueView Video Ad Specs
- Minimum Video Length: 15 seconds
- Maximum Video Length: Less than 3 minutes recommended
- File Format: AVI, ASF, Quicktime, Windows Media, MP4 or MPEG
- Resolution: 640×360 (16:9) or 480×360 (4:3) recommended
- Frame Rate: 30 FPS
- Maximum File Size: 1 GB
Companion Ad Specs
- Resolution: 300×60
- Maximum File Size: 150 KB
YouTube TrueView only charges the advertiser when the user does one of three things:
- Watches the ad in its entirety without skipping.
- Watches at least 30 seconds of the ad before skipping.
- Clicks through the ad onto the landing page.
- Advertisers can only buy TrueView volume on a CPV basis, with a $0.01 minimum per view. Charging clients per completed views significantly increases CPM over other video platforms.
- TrueView allows for targeting of specific YouTube videos and channels. We highly recommend this if there are influencers that are relevant and/or popular in a specific brand niche.
- Six-second bumper ads are YouTube ads that are not technically TrueView. The difference is that users cannot skip them because they are too short.